Get out the balloons and order a cake—today is Administrative Professionals Day! Take this opportunity to thank your ministry staff for all the hard work they put in throughout the year. Better yet, celebrate all week long with these ideas:
- Honor your staff members by featuring them on your website or in your church newsletter. Interview the staff members to gather information about their position, family life, personal interests, and more. Be sure to ask each person how God has blessed him or her through service.
- Take your staff out to lunch on Friday or pick up sub sandwiches, chips, and fresh fruit from your local grocery store. Or, if your staff works mornings, stop by the local coffee shop to get each person a special drink.
- Get “punny” with your appreciation gifts. Choose candies that tell staff members how much you appreciate them. For instance: We have mounds of appreciation for you! (Mounds candy bar) You are worth a $100,000 to us! (100 Grand candy bar) You are a lifesaver for our ministry! (Lifesavers candies)
- Ask a few people within your ministry to write down a specific memory that describes why each administrative professional in your office is so valued. Arrange these memories into a small book and present it to each staff member.
- Are there conferences or classes that your administrative professionals would like to attend? Surprise them by paying their fee or a portion of it.
- Download CTA’s FREE prayer guide and distribute it to the members in your ministry. Imagine how powerful that will be—your entire ministry will be praying over your staff members!
You are welcome to copy this article for one-time use when you include this credit line and receive no monetary benefit from it: © 2017 CTA, Inc. Used with permission.