Christmas is coming! What an exciting time of year with all of the special services, holiday parties, and school events. There is a lot going on and it is fun to be a part of it all.
But what about the widows, the elderly, and other members of your ministry who don’t get out much. How can you and your church include them in some of the festivities of the season? Here are 10 ideas:
- Pick up shut-ins on your way to church or other special events.
- If they are unable to make it to services, deliver a video or CD copy.
- Take shut-ins shopping with you or offer to pick up needed items from the store.
- Invite them to join church families on baking day, even if it’s just to visit. Ask them to share some of their favorite recipes.
- Help them with yard work and shoveling snow.
- Help set up their Christmas tree and put up lights outside.
- Take them with you to look at Christmas lights around town.
- Ask them to share memories of Christmases when they were children and when their children were young.
- Help them write out Christmas cards or thank you notes.
- If they don’t have plans for Christmas Eve or Christmas Day, invite them to join the celebrations of a family from your church.
You are welcome to copy this article for one-time use when you include this credit line and receive no monetary benefit from it: © 2016 CTA, Inc. Used with permission.