Have you noticed the 80/20 principle at work in your church? For instance, do . . .
- 20% of the members donate 80% of the weekly offering?
- 20% of the members contribute 80% of the work toward a successful Sunday school or care ministry?
It isn’t always 80/20, of course. Sometimes it’s closer to 70/30 or 90/10. But generally in life, efforts and results are spread unevenly.
This need not discourage you. Think about it this way: you don’t have to be perfect to make a big impact. If 20% of your effort takes you 80% of the way, then your mom was right! Well begun IS half done! (The rest of the effort adds polish, zing, and those “nice to have touches” that transform a B- event into an A+ endeavor.)
Do you work with volunteers? Are you a volunteer yourself? Leverage the 80/20 Principle over the next few months and see what happens!
You don’t have to be a perfect encourager to encourage the people you’re working with. You don’t have to send 25 thank-you notes to help your staff feel appreciated. Notice one thing one person has done well this week and say thanks. You don’t need to pray 12 times each day for each volunteer. Start by praying for your staff once each week.
Does even this sound daunting? Then check out the tools CTA makes available free and very inexpensively on our Volunteer Management website. Some customers recently have told us they have never considered our free resources because nothing free can be worth very much, but we just may surprise you! On our free resource page you will find:
- Volunteer job description templates
- Themed named badges—in full color
- A free devotion to encourage volunteers
- Several articles filled with tips for recruiting, encouraging, and re-enlisting your best people
- Notes of encouragement you can print out and sign
- Candy bar wrappers you can use in several creative ways
- Water bottle wrappers
- A retreat planner
- And more!
Connected to all these freebies are related products guaranteed to save you time and effort. You invest the 20% by downloading, printing, ordering, and deploying the ideas. Then watch as the other 80% begins to materialize, under the blessing of our Lord!
Can you think of other tools you wish we offered? Let us know! Maybe we can develop them! After all, CTA’s vision is to see you highly effective in your ministry—and we mean that!